It's raining, it's pouring
And unfortunately, it's not the old man snoring that happened today. Ceiling tiles in my classroom collapsed! After initially hearing that nothing could be done in my room for a MONTH due to funding (oh, Government waste!!!) I, for the first time in my career, pulled the teacher card and low and behold, a team of Japanese engineers (or construction workers-I can't tell the difference) marched into my room three hours later. My room looks like a mess (like it didn't before). I have some kiddos this year who like to "re-arrange" my room while they are quite upset, and feng shui apparently isn't their thing. I just prayed a kid didn't come in having a bad day while the Japanese men were on the ladder. Thankfully that did not happen. Anyways I had to rearrange the room looking for one of the two electric outlets available in the room for the computer to get some reports completed by the end of the Another action-packed day in the life of a special education teacher.
The leak got into some my files, but they have already dried. My computer was also dangerously close to swimming, but we prevented it. It was quite a day in Room 223. I'm afraid about possible molding/mildew in the 3 foot circle of water on the carpet, but people smarter than me will figure out what needs to be done. Oh, what a day!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home