Random Acts of Katie

Monday, October 13, 2008

"The Monkey Store"






I've heard about Makeman-The Monkey Store. A big orange "Do It Yourself" store featuring a giant monkey that promised of a gardening center. I desperately wanted to visit a gardening center. When I was younger, I HATED stores like this. I often visited them with my dad and we'd be there for HOURS as my dad shopped and talked to people. If you've ever met my dad, this shouldn't surprise you in the slightest. Well, I am now reminiscent for stores like this. I have discovered that I love messing around with plants and dirt. I've been craving the satisfaction gardening gives me since I've arrived in Okinawa.

We visited Makeman today and I had a hey-day. Jared even bumped into our landlord and his wife while we were shopping. Small world! It's exciting to be able to have flowers year round, and I feel like I have so much space to play with. I am starting small today but I'm going to be an awesome urban gardener!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica (J-Fed) said...

Look at you and your green thumb! You even busted out the gardening gloves. I now have your basil plant sitting on my sidewalk....

October 16, 2008 at 10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your porch & your plants you chose! You have a great eye, it just comes natural!

October 17, 2008 at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home