Random Acts of Katie

Monday, October 27, 2008

We vacation in Guam in...

Well, not during Thanksgiving break! Oh, how we were really, really, REALLY hoping to visit Guam over Thanksgiving. Not because we are on some personal mission to visit US territories, but to see my other brother, that red-headed one from a blonde mother. It's not going to work out and I am so disappointed. We hoped to fly "Space-A" aka free or nearly free military hop flights, from Kadena (name of the air base here) to Guam. There is only one weekly flight, scheduled for Sundays during November, apparently. It also ain't cheap. Flying to Guam commercially will take 12 hours and goes through at least two countries. I am ashamed to admit, but honest enough to do so, but I really didn't think Guam was all that far away-I mean, it's just the Pacific Ocean. Well, those North American-centered maps of my youth have skewed my geographical awareness.

BTW ("by the way" for my non-lingo friends), speaking of cheap, word on the Okinawan streets is that gas in the States is going to go below $2.00 a gallon. Is this true? Gas has been $4.06 a gallon since we've arrived here and there are no signs it's going to decrease.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

It's true! I paid a buck 92 the other day. It was awesome! I felt 3 years younger.

November 8, 2008 at 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home