Random Acts of Katie

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Indiana Bound

I can't sleep and it's past 11:00 pm, so I'm going to catch up on some bloggin'.

I am Indiana bound in 6 weeks!! I'm turning in the paperwork so my orders are out of their equivalent of purgatory so I can return to the best country in the entire world in a month and a half. I cannot WAIT. I have doctors appointments scheduled before I leave, and the day after I return, so lots of people will be making sure Baby S. and I are a-okay.

Some things that are going to be weird about being at home:
  • selection at grocery-milk in a plastic jug, fresh chicken meat, cantalopes costing less than the price of admission for three to a movie
  • selection at Wal-mart-choice among three or more brands/varieties in just about everything
  • Target!
  • driving on the opposite side of road/opposite side of vehicle
  • More than one television channel
  • a choice on the radio
  • More than one source of news and newspaper
  • Socializing with people at home (well, my parents home, but still)
  • Not hearing and seeing fighter jets on a daily basis
  • Not stopping at 5 pm everyday for three minutes during colors
  • Cars that aren't cartoon looking
  • Dialtones on phones
  • not ignoring what others are saying, because I'll be able to understand their language
  • post office with semi-regular hours
  • talking on a phone instead of to a computer screen

I cannot WAIT to return to the best place in the land!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The wait for Flag Day and Katie & Little One Day has been hard, but every day is one day closer!

May 25, 2009 at 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home