Random Acts of Katie

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday, Sunny Sunday


Internationally recognized sign.

Big ferry at Naha Port. The camo tractor is considered a "good size" back home and you can see the scaled comparison.
You know how I try to type words to replace the lyrics? I'm totally channeling U2, but just so much more cheerfully!!

The sun made an appearance this weekend, the first time 4 weekends!!! I've had cabin fever and begged Mr. Jared to go out on a stroll this weekend if the weather cooperated. He had to work a good chunk of yesterday (hello overtime pay when you are already salaried!!!) so today was our one chance. My sometimes-grumpy boy was quite cheerful (thanks to his new Okinawa hobby) and suggested we stop by the fishing store (source of new found hobby) and head to Naha and Kokusai Street. We had heard about Kokusai street and the vendors and how it was a "must do" and also wanted to scope it out before our first guests arrive in a couple of weeks.
Tree lined streets, felt more Euro than Asian. No streets like this in our 'hood (I'm attempting to get street cred as I am now a city dweller).

As this was my first official time in Naha, and Jared's second in as many days, I was happy to see it LOOKED different than Okinawa City. More metropolitan, worldly, not as run down. There was even a monorail, like Disney World (as per earlier post, this place is way Disney-ized).We call these Okinawan hearses. They are really a plain old car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home