Random Acts of Katie

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I think I may like it here

The weather was A-W-E-S-O-M-E late last week; it was like Muncie in mid-April. I felt like putting on my spring clothes and ridiculous shoes and walking to the bar(s) in the Village and ending the evening by hitting up Carter's Hotdogs. Alas, I have like 3 pairs of shoes here, I can't exactly enjoy the libations I did during that time, and my spring clothes are way tight. Hotdogs also make me swell.

So, what did I do? I sat on the porch, I'm sorry "balcony" in city-terms. It was awesome. I *think* I may like it here. Sometimes I really like Okinawa. Shh, don't tell!! The whole brooding thing doesn't really work for me (my voice has way too much intonation to pull that act off), plus it's too hot here to invest in an all black wardrobe. It's so humid that if you always wore brooding glasses they would fog up everytime you sulked in and out of air conditioning. Not street-cred worthy.

Don't worry, this is just a temporary duty station. I miss my nasty winter weather far too much to choose this. Cold weather builds character, and patience. I have students who have never seen snow; I would hate for my kid to not know the pleasures of bundling up for 15 minutes before going outside, only to have to come back inside to go to the restroom after only 5 minutes. I think that's why Midwesterners have such great character.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home