Random Acts of Katie

Saturday, February 14, 2009

XYZ, Mrs. Sawin!!!

You remember- eXamine Your Zipper! My fly has been caught down many times and thank goodness I work with kids who don't consistently notice details, because I'd have lots of egg on my face. My pants are getting tougher and tougher to button. I don't have a baby belly yet, but I guess my insides are expanding for the now 3" long fetus. There is this supposed "secret" to help pants last longer-hook the button through the eye with a hair band. Well, it's comfy, but I can't keep my zipper up. No one mentioned that part on babycenter.com

I consulted with my good friend Mandi, who in the not so distant past was in the same clothing situation as I currently am. I decided to break down and order some maternity clothes. Old Navy appeared to have a nice selection, and they ship rather quickly to APO addresses (some places take a month to get here-O.N. around 2 weeks) and I used a gift card from my in-laws for a couple of J.C. Penney's finds. I hope these new clothes are somewhat complementary and not looking like something from Omar the tent maker.
Since we can't go shopping together, (but Jessica and I browse together on line) here are a couple of items I've ordered (which will NOT be worn together, for obvious reasons):




3 Comments:

Blogger hoosier (by marriage) mama said...

Love the selections. Coral has always been one of my favorites and green is my new favorite. You will be out of that awkward in-between period for clothes pretty soon. Love you!

February 14, 2009 at 11:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I remember buying my first maternity top 32 years ago and I still have it!

February 16, 2009 at 9:06 AM  
Blogger Jessica (J-Fed) said...

I will browse on-line with you any time! We could do a SKYPE online shopping session. I'm up for it, but the question is....are you??? :-)

February 18, 2009 at 3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home