Random Acts of Katie

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cute restaurant alert!

The day before Jared's birthday, he kept begging me to go to this new restaurant he discovered courtesy of our landlord. He kept raving about this place, how it was so different than other Okinawan places we've discovered. Blah blah blah. Well, I just got paid so I thought this would be just as good a time to go as any.

He drives me literally across the street, down a scary "street" with crazy Okinawan drivers and up a steep driveway and says "here we are!" Yeah, I didn't see anything. I have no idea the name of this restaurant, but take a look at our four course set menu lunch that was like a visit home with a twist of English and Italian influence. It really reminded me of what Company's Coming (Jeeve's) would be like if it introduced more Italian influences, and was a treehouse. Enjoy!



You walk up these stairs to the restaurant, which appears to be in the tree tops. Once up there, you are lucky enough to have the most gorgeous view of the Pacific through the leaves of the trees. I'm not making this up-it is like an instant vacation from the business of Okinawa City.




Desert course! It was last and awesome. They do a great job here of serving the perfect portions-enough for a taste, and to cleanse your palate, but not enough that you go hog-wild and lose any and all willpower.


Okay, somehow I messed up the sequential order I was so proud of. Here is course 2 of 4-the risotto. Wasn't a big fan of the fatty meat in it, but other than that it was delicious!


I'm blaming this on being a Midwesterner, but I'm not a big seafood person. This was red snapper, caught the same day (!) seared and underneath a big slice of tomato and the best cabbage I've ever eaten, with pesto garnish. SOOOOOOOooooooooooo good!

The salad: starting from the six o'clock position and going clockwise: steamed green bean type bean with vinegar, egg salad w/ cucumbers, charcuterie (didn't touch), assorted greens with mustard vinaigrette, assorted pickled vegetables, seafood assortment like squid (again graciously offered to my spouse.)
Very good, lots of fun, different menu each meal. Can't wait to bring people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home