They thought we'd never make it
Well, if they did at least they didn't tell us to our faces!
My beloved and I celebrated our second wedding anniverary this past week. What a great party! Thanks Mom and Dad and Vicki and Dale!!! Thank YOU to all of our friends and family! We didn't have extravagant plans, so we headed to the Macaroni Grill on Camp Foster (yeah for American chain restaurants!), which is similar to what we would've done at home. It was lovely.
We decided to skip gifts this year in lieu of trying to put back a little for when Skeletor arrives. Goodness, have we entered THAT phase? You know, there is one when people get married ("We can't join you all for dinner after drinks on account of saving money for the wedding!" a blushing bride BRAGS about to all her singleton friends), but is there one for a couple expecting a baby? Not that we have a lot of social opportunities here (okay, none outside of work), but we are really trying to be prepared for The Kid. Plus, we aren't gift-y people. I'd rather just spend time with my loved one and laugh, that is priceless and what I get the most out of. Sounds disgustingly Hallmark-like, but it's true.
J and I talked about going to Okuma, the military resort on the northern part of the island, over this wknd. It simply was too yucky-overcast weather and chilly winds. We stayed in Takahara, rented Captain Ron (never seen it before-now I love it!) and I attempted to make soup (honestly, the first thing I have ever prepared that I myself would never eat). It was a lovely weekend to top off a very nice week!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home