CoCo Ichinanya Curry House
Oh, is this the place to be. From what little research I have done, Japanese curry is more mild and sweet than Indian curry or Thai curry. Also there is no coconut milk. Honestly, it's warm, tasty and filling. We've heard people raving about CoCo's. I thought they meant Cocok's, the nail salon, or even Coco the convenience store. Nope, this is CoCo, the curry house. Cocoa, and all the variations of the spelling, is a popular word on this island.
Last Sunday we ventured to a CoCo located near the air base. It was a tad overwhelming walking in, as our Japanese is non-existent and we haven't eaten at many Japanese-speaking exclusively restaurants off base. Somehow we managed to sit at the bar and looked through the SEVEN different menu cards. CoCo's must be popular because there are like 7 different languages on the menu cards. We somehow figure out we want Tonkatsu, pork cutlet. Pork cutlets in Japan taste just like pork cutlets in Indiana, but a little more crispy. Yum, yum, yum. Jared chose a slightly more spicy curry than I did and it was equally delicious.
I feel like we have a bit more "street cred" now that we've tackled CoCo's. And honestly, I'm kind of craving some right now! We met a shopkeeper yesterday at the Foster PX (shopping center at the Marine base) who recommended a brand new type of curry-oh, too many choices for indecisive Katie!!

3 Comments:
J looks SO MUCH like Dale in that photo it's amazing!
:-)
LOL I am fast becoming the "vicki said" of this blog!!
No worry, pork cutlet curry! (Jon Gosselin has a t-shirt that says no worry, beef curry)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home