Random Acts of Katie

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Movin' on up

I hope in the future people say "Keeping up with the Sawin's". No, I really don't hope that, but I sure think we are living out of our tax bracket. We moved into our apt. on Friday and it's AWESOME! I will post pics as soon as I get the opportunity. However, as we are in our apt. we don't have free wireless at our disposal like we did when we were in temporary lodging at the Shogun Inn. If you need us, please call our cell at: 080-3697-7300. Yes, numerically it's different than home. I don't know the country code for Japan off the top of my head, but it's somewhere out there on the 'tubes.



Jared and I are going on an Air Force sponsored tour of the northern part of the island tomorrow (Monday). We will be visiting the Nago Pineapple Farm, the Orion Brewery, the Ryukyu Glass Factory and Nakijin Castle ruins. I hope I spelled that correctly. We are very excited and hopefully the weather will cooperate. It's looked like it could rain Friday, Saturday and so far today on Sunday, but it hasn't yet. Apparently Okinawa is concerned about the lack of rain so luck will probably have it that a typhoon will strike now that we are in our apartment. People here don't get too freaked out about typhoons. Me, I'm a scaredy cat when there's even a tornado watch out.

We discovered Nitori yesterday. IT's like a Japanese IKEA. I am in love. We are going back today.

Jared's looking ready to get out of the coffee shop we are siphoning internet access from, so I'll write more later.

Love you!
Kate

4 Comments:

Blogger elwood said...

good to here from you again. I say shop till ya drop. Enjoy the tour.

August 31, 2008 at 9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will love Nakigin Castle ruins and the Japanese Ikea!

September 1, 2008 at 6:02 AM  
Blogger Jessica (J-Fed) said...

Ok, now I'm really coming over there. There are Coach purses at your disposal and Japanese IKEA....Sounds like Heaven to me!

September 2, 2008 at 11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi katie, are you guy on the east side?

September 4, 2008 at 5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home