Random Acts of Katie

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday








As I type the title, I think of local Louisville commercials advertising for something at the Fair & Exposition Center on Sunday, Sunday, Sunday. We have had a fantastic Sunday. We slept in more than we would've liked and missed church, but we had a spiritual moment you will read about later on. We skyped with Kevin & Jessica until our internet was cut off. The powers that be must've thought we were discussing highly classified information or something of the like. We weren't. Later we went to the Kadena Officer's Club for brunch. Brunch is a wonderful compromise of a meal that is like the compromise Jared and I often make. I am NOT a breakfast person at all. I don't like orange juice, biscuits, gravy, sausage or bacon. I like pineapple. I used to love pancakes but now have no interest whatsoever. I like lunch. I like salads, meats, fresh fruit and iced tea and water with lemon. We had a fantastic brunch and will be bringing all of you here for Sunday brunch when you arrive in town.




After brunch Jared took a mid-day siesta and I drove to school. It's within walking distance but I am just not comfortable driving on the left side of the road yet. I did some more classroom work and decorated my room. I'm going with an Ocean-y type theme. I started with the idea of "Surfing through the year in Mrs. Sawin's Room" but due to my lack of artistry, and lack of appropriate die cuts, it's now an ocean theme. It's kind of fun to decorate, as I never have had the opportunity to do so before.



I begged and begged Jared to do something fun this afternoon. The clouds were gone and it was a beautiful blue sky. My poor boy isn't known for his Magellan like navigational skills so I played Goose (pre-death) to his Maverick. We found our new apartment and then drove further down the road to the Awase district of Okinawa Shi (City). We will be living in the Takahara district of Okinawa City. There are so many blind corners here that mirrors are posted in these blind spots. You are instructed to trust the mirror. I was not comfortable trusting the mirrors, even as a passenger. I forsee myself taking many left turns to avoid a right turn.




I wanted to go to Kadena Marina to take additional pictures but we compromised on the base golf course. It is gorgeous up there and has a beautiful view of the East China Sea as well as the flightline (where the planes take off/land). You can't take pictures of the flight line, but I took plenty of the sea.




Who knows how our internet will work this coming week, but I will update about my first days of school as soon as I can. I am so excited to start school tomorrow!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These pics are my favorite...beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Almost as beautiful as the two people I see in them!

August 28, 2008 at 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home