Thursday
We are the proud, new temporary owners of temporary government furniture. Thank you taxpayers! Jared had to be at the new place WAY early in the am and they arrived a couple of hours later. It is nice to walk up to the new place and see a couch and two chairs. We also are sleeping a'la Rob and Laura Petrie style with two twin beds and a nightstand sort of in the middle of us. The temporary furniture people are out of full beds, which we would customarily receive until our bed from the States arrives, but they have offered us their alternative-two twin beds. We even had the option of bunkbeds but politely declined. We have looked for sheets for said bed and have had minimal success. The BX on Kadena was plum out of sheets, especially twin sheets. Plenty of kind sheets which will be nice when our bed finally arrives, but we had three choices: Cheetah Girls, cheetah print and a unique shade of red. We went with red. They were only 10.00 each but I hate spending $20.00 on sheets I truly don't like at all. These will be guest room sheets once our bed arrives, so you all enjoy. This has been occupying my thoughts and I realized when I had dreams about shopping in Target and finding $2.99 sheets in the clearance aisle in the taupe color I so desire. Everyone here says that when you find something you like at the BX, buy it, because it's never guaranteed to be there again. This is a new way of thinking for me.
I've been trying to schedule people at work-schedule the kids, the paraprofessionals, the student teacher, myself. I have difficulty with scheduling like this. I only have 16 people to schedule, but it is hard! I had to watch a video on laminating machines in order to laminate my materials. Yes, I had to watch a laminating video. 20 minutes of droning on tension rods, heating elements and feeding speed. Needless to say it wasn't Emmy worthy. I "watched" it after school yesterday. Did you know laminating machines can kill people? Could you imagine death by lamination? What a way to go. From the video, I learned that not only can laminating machines kill, but they are very, very hot.
They are exterminating the building tomorrow and we have to leave early so I plan on going to work early to get the scheduling finished. I start seeing kids on Tuesday and I'm very excited. People here are a bit more uptight than what I'm accustomed to, but I guess I'll have to learn to deal with that. It's like, geez, calm down-no big deal. This is why we have jobs and why we know what we are doing. I'm more relaxed than some of these people.
'Night!

1 Comments:
You will do a great job of teaching the children & the adults how to be relaxed, and go about enjoying their day. You are a great example.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home