Random Acts of Katie

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Norton's

I had the pleasure of spending a good chunk of my summer at the Norton Healthcare Complex in Downtown Louisville. I'm not being sarcastic with the usage of "pleasure", but sincere. I thank God that Dr. Lewis (the ob who I saw in Indiana) sent me to Norton Hospital and in the capable hands of the maternal-fetal specialists there. I thank God that Norton's doesn't block outgoing phone calls so I could easily use the calling card to contact my husband overseas. I thank God that the staff there took care of me and helped keep the baby and me safe and healthy. I thank God that Finn's delivery went without complications and he was able to go immediately to the intermediate nursery. I thank God for the nurses, nurse practicioners and neonatolgists working in the 3N Nursery. I thank God for the nurses working on unit where I recovered from the c-section. I even thank God for the good cafeteria food @ Norton's!

The staff at Norton's are truly top notch-pleasant, helpful, kind. This ranges from the person driving the Zamboni floor-waxing machine to the physicians. Even the sweet cafeteria check-out girl who gave us the employee discount even when I don't think she was supposed to. Everyday she would ask how our baby was doing.

There are special people in this area of the country, this part of the Midwest that wants to think it's the South. Salt of the earth, truly genuine people. I am so thankful that my son was brougth into the world surrounded by these people.

There really is no place like home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home