Little One
Little One, as our son is now referred to, appears to be progressing quite nicely. Apparently, he loves a balanced meal. When his host, aka me, eats at least two vegetables, a starch and protein with some calcium at a meal, he dances and dances an hour or so later. He definitely gets those moves from his father. It's rather comical. When his host is a BAD person and indulges in a little Taco Bell (those tacos-I'm a sucker!) he's not nearly as active. I'm reading all this theory mumbo jumbo that claims that what the child is exposed to in utero is what he/she later enjoys and finds comfort from later in life. I'm trying my darndest to be healthy and good, I don't want that kid who is whiny about wanting fast food, or sandwiches without the crusts on them.
Little One and I have lots of conversations throughout our day. He understands that Mommy's "daytime voice" is never directed towards him, but rather students in need of redirection. Or at least I tell him that he understands that. I've never been a big Dr. Seuss fan, but I read to him from lots of Dr. Seuss stories because I find my voice is more inflective and has a higher pitch than other stories. We also talk about Daddy's big adventures, and a wonderful place known as Indiana, where many, many magical things happen. Poor kid is going to think Indiana is better than Disney World.
He communicates with me when I'm typing on the computer. He either loves or despises when I sit in an office chair and type. He'll move like crazy and let his presence be known. He also isn't a big fan of my bedtime. That's his cue to boogy. This could potentially work to our advantage while we are in Indiana, but once we return to Asia, it'll all be over. Poor kid could really go either way with his genetic make up-his father can fall asleep anywhere at any time, no matter the situation, and his mother cannot fall asleep even when exhausted because she's thinking too much. It'll be interesting to see how he ends up.

3 Comments:
Indiana is better than Disney. Barely though.
I think only people who live away from Indiana in another country thinks its better than Disney. I still think Disney is better, but I am living in Indiana.
Seeing as how little one is MALE, he will grow up to sleep any time, any where. It's primal.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home