I'll take 90 more days just like today
Or however many more days we have of school.
I love coming back from long breaks because the kids are zombies that first day back. I had NO issues today! My talkers were quiet, the fidgeters stayed still, the angry were placid. It was awesome! We did a fun activity on making snowmen for our winter bulletin board "People Are A Lot Like Snowmen....No Two Are Alike!". I thought I won the creatitivity of the decade award for that one. It's appropriate for my line of work.
I thought my grad classes started today-I had my calendars marked, etc. Come to find out, this evening, it's NEXT Monday. Geez oh Pete. I feel like an idiot, e-mailing the professor that I haven't received my textbook. I am trying to figure out my schedule for finishing grad school. Before the Big News of December, I planned on graduating in December 2009, but with Baby S. on the way, that definitely changes my schedule. I don't want to write papers when I am 1/2 of the sole caretakers for Baby S. Maybe if we were at home and I could get some help, but I'll have even less time here. I want that degree for the big bump in pay, but I guess it'll have to wait. I shouldn't complain, though, and I'll stop. And hey, we will soon be a two income family!
Everyone at home-welcome back to the workweek! Here in the future, work in 2009 is EXACTLY like 2008.

3 Comments:
Ha ha ha I'm laughing so hard! I think your idea was great!! Man you should have seen me at my desk after the vacation. I was such a drag. Oh by the way, I set up a page!! Nothing on there yet though.
Go Kesha!!! I like your page name!
Some things can't wait, and babies are one of them! I will come & stay to help with the baby for all the rest of your grad. school, however long that is...it's ok, and if you need me there, I can stay past that!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home