Random Acts of Katie

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Great day!























Jared took today by the horns and got us out and about around Okinawa. Since we have had the Wii in the house, I've seen some of my old Jared popping out-my Jared with interests and hobbies. Unfortunately he missed out on his FAVORITE, fall. Fall entails so much for him-being outdoors, hunting, shooting, campfires, etc. It's stunk, but this is just temporary. Anyways, I heard that the PX at Camp Hansen had a great electronics department and planted that seed in Jared's ear awhile back. Today he asked if I wanted to go, and obviously I did! We also have another interest in Camp Hansen as this is Jared's site he'll be responsible for with his new position. We consulted our trusty Kadena Services map and realized we could take one highway all the way up to Camp Hansen. I was happy because it looked like the road ran along the Pacific for a bit and I'm a sucker for driving past the ocean. It was such a fun ride! Once we were north of Okinawa City, I honestly could feel tension lift out of my shoulders (where I store my tension). It was peaceful, quiet, relaxed. And hilly. Jared said it looked like Kentucky. Then, I saw my ocean and was quite excited. We had a lovely drive to Camp Hansen. Once there, we drove around and were impressed by what we saw. They have what appears to be a newly constructed PX complete with awesome food court, the exchange, obviously, and other vendors like gift shops, military clothing and a computer repair shop. I am in desperate need of a computer repairman. J didn't find a Wii game, but we did buy some Boy Scout popcorn from a troop that must be up at Camp Hansen. They were sweet boys and reminded me of my cousins Will and Ben who must be gearing up for popcorn season. I remember when Kyle was in Scouts and it was that time of year.

My stomach must be a bottomless pit, as I have been HUNGRY the past three days. I was complaining to Jared and secretly hoping he'd take me out for dinner. He did! We got to try a Yakiniku (Korean style barbecue) restaurant across the street from our housing office. We jokingly dubbed it Paparazzi Pork as there are dozens of flashing strobe lights across the restaurant and sign. It was quite the experience! I thought they'd speak a bit more Engrish than they did, but that was naive Katie. We had a ball! We'll be bringing guests there when they make the 23 hour trip to come and visit us.

After finally feeling satiated, we headed to the Kadena BX. My boy is now a Wii bit obsessed! He finally found some helicopter game he's interested in and is playing it as we speak. I never really knew Jared during the video game playing years, but he must have been like every other male I knew during that time-obsessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home