These are a few of my favorite things
I am listening to Christmas music non stop as long as seasonally appropriate, so while listening to Julie Andrews, I came up with my own list of favorite things, obviously in no particular order:
- Jet travel. It makes it so much easier to quickly go around the globe.
- Globes. I never really appreciated globes until I moved to a place I had to use a globe to find.
- Pineapple upside-down cake yogurt. Yes, it sounds absolutely disgusting, but it's surprisingly really good!
- The Office (television series). Always makes me laugh, no matter what. Plus you can watch over and over and pick up on something new each time (at least I can in thanks to my non-observance).
- Skype. Lifesaver.
- Christmas trees. They are my favorite symbol of the season, as they remind me of home, but are also reflections of individual family holiday celebrations. Take my tree for example, I have a hodge podge of ornaments, multi-color lights, and no tree topper or skirt. My interpretation of this: Christmases are made of memories from the past while continuing to add memories from the present. Multi colored lights reflect a playful, childlike sense of Christmas wonder (and the fact that I didn't want to go out and buy new white lights that apparently didn't make it across the Pacific),lack of formal tree topper and perscribed tree skirt indicate poor packing skills, as well as flexibility and continued need to celebrate Christmas creatively.
- Slippers. We have no carpeting here and the floors get mighty chilly. I now love a good pair of slippers (which I hope to purchase today!).
- Kosair's Children's Hospital in Louisville. Not like a favorite place to hang out, but the wonderful people they have working there adnt he wonderful things they do on a daily basis.
- My family. They love me and I love them. They understand me and have made this move here SOOOOO much easier than it could've been. I really miss them, more than I ever thought I could.
- My friends. Again, they love me, for reasons I don't always know. They are loyal and I miss them so much.
- The obvious one-Jared. He really loves me! He must be crazy. If you ever want to see how your relationship can grow, move across the world where you know absolutely no one. You'll see how it grows.

1 Comments:
Gets me thinkin bout how thankful one should be.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home