We need(ed) a little Christmas, right this (that) very minute.
Again, I'm trying the song things as a title. I don't think it works for me, but I enjoy trying.
Still trying to make it feel like Christmas. Looks like we are here for Christmas, so we are going to make the best of the situation. No Mulcahy family wine tasting. No New Years Eve at the Faris Farm. No 36 nonstop hours of Christmas music on WMPI. It's going to be okay though. We are going to burn up Skype and talk, talk, talk to everyone at home. Hopefully we can share our Christmas adventures with them as they share their adventures with us.
Jared was quite a good boy today and surprised me! He hung Christmas lights our on our balcony! I was so surprised and thrilled-I really feel like it made my Christmas! My Christmas cd's were in the box(es) misplaced (in long term storage instead of here, as I asked) in moving, so I've been downloading music off the internet to play. My mom always played Christmas music from the stereo in the dining room and it's a favorite memory of childhood. I've got my Andy Williams, Bing Crosby and Carpenters Christmas!
The lights came up at the perfect time. A pivotal time when I didn't know if I was going to be sulky and pout, but now I know I'm going to be the big girl that I am and make the most of my time here. But you better believe that if we get to go to Europe, or a two income family, we WILL be home at Christmas!

3 Comments:
The pictures are great! I'm askin Santa for that picture of you both!
This blog in particular, warms my heart.
Santa has a deliverwy to make in Okinawa this year!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home