Random Acts of Katie

Thursday, November 27, 2008

And so it begins

My pie!

Making the trifle.


I wish you could smell this!


It's holiday season here in Okinawa! We started preparing our Thanksgiving meal (for two) today. I made my FIRST pecan pie and I wish we had smell-o-vision or something so you could smell what my kitchen smelled like. I also made a pumpkin-gingersnap trifle. We'll see how that one works out. I prepared the deviled eggs for tomorrow (Jared's favorite) and chopped all my veggies needed for the turkey. I even cleaned up as I went. I had to take a photo as evidence for Mama Jean.

I'll post more pics of our Thanksgiving celebration as we progress. At least this way it's like we are all together. In case you can't tell, I miss you all, a lot. I'm very lucky to have you in my life and feel so thankful for your kindness, love, and friendship.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica (J-Fed) said...

Aww, we miss you too. You are making me tear up again! It looks like you are working hard on your Thanksgiving feast. Tell J-Rod to wear a white t-shirt while he eats it so we can see the spots on his shirt when he's finished :-) That's how we know how good it is-- by Jared's dribbles....

November 27, 2008 at 3:00 AM  
Blogger Aunt Sug said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! We love and are VERY grateful for you both. Hope your meal turned out fab!!

November 27, 2008 at 12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see it now, Kate...
Yankee Candle Co.
Pumpkin-gingersnap scent
It will be the premier fall candle of 2009!

November 28, 2008 at 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home