Random Acts of Katie

Saturday, November 29, 2008

First known moving loss

My Christmas decorations have not arrived in Okinawa!! Silly Katie saw the boxes labeled "Christmas decorations" (there were two of them) and thought, oh, there are my Christmas decorations. That is what the power of deduction leads one to deduce. Well, I open said boxes today and my mouth dropped. The first one, a cardboard box, has one all-weather rug, a random towel and my christmas ornaments, on the very bottom of the box with no tissue paper protective barrier or anything of the like. I was then anxious to open the next box, a rubbermaid tote. IT IS EMPTY!!!!! Thank goodness for our nativity set, which I packed with our picture frames, and our christmas tree ornaments or it would really feel empty here.

I'm kind of sad because it's looking like we'll have to stay here for Christmas and I wanted at least some creature comforts (material items) to make Christmas here feel like Christmas as I know it.

Lesson learned: check ALL boxes upon arrival. Also, the next time we move come up with a better plan to help the movers. I was so proud of my color coded post-it notes, but apparently that didn't work. I will definitely figure out a better plan by the next time we move.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never fear...material items shall appear...Santa Claus will be there!

December 1, 2008 at 10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the great plans in the world won't fix the moving problems. I just hope you got your ornaments from Europe! They are too special and cute to lose.

December 1, 2008 at 10:45 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

do you still have the eggs from prague? i remember i ended up crushing most of mine. honestly, i don't think they made it out of prague alive....:( i also remembered you were kind enough to offer me one of yours, however, i declined..thanks kate! that's why i love you!

December 2, 2008 at 11:25 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Our oraments are here! Probably ten or less aren't here, and I hope I put them in the grainbin at my parents.

Jodi, everytime I put these Czech eggs on the tree, I always think of you! I wish you'd take one!

December 4, 2008 at 8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Special request: Picture of the Czech eggs.

December 5, 2008 at 10:57 AM  
Blogger hoosier (by marriage) mama said...

I found some red and yellow glass ball ornaments upstairs in the Robbins Ranch Christmas Attic that I am SURE came from Europe during the Ball State student teaching experience!

December 12, 2008 at 4:44 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I love those ornaments! I have one here. It always reminds me of our day in Rothenburg! ;)

December 15, 2008 at 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home