First day of school
Well, it was my first day of what I was sent over here to do, my mission as they say. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!! I am going to be so happy here.
Jared was a busy beaver today and registered our vehicle AND got our housing squared away. We could potentially be in our new apartment by Thursday!!! I am very proud of him. We also got the combination to our mailbox and had LOTS of mail.
Today was the first real thunderstorm we've experienced here on Okinawa. It popped up around 7:45 this morning, as I was walking to school. It was so HUMID after the rain. The kids looked exhausted after playing outside for 25 minutes.
I practiced driving again today. We went on a quest to find dinner. We tried the O'Club-dining room is closed on Mondays. I was a big girl and drove off base to Kadena Marina, approximately 1 mile north of one of the Kadena gates. It was closed. We finally went to the NCO club and had dinner. It doesn't look like I'll have a real "lunch" this year, but that's okay. Some people complain but it's more important to me to be there for a potentially hairy situation than to have 30 minutes of lunch time. I say that now, we'll see how I feel in 40 years! Jared says I drove too close to the ditch and nearly went in it while I was practicing. He kinda irritatated me. I didn't call him out on his near ditch-capades. I think he just likes feeling like the superior driver. I can't wait to get a smaller car for me to zip around in. I want to take some pictures and get them posted ASAP. You wouldn't believe the silly little cars around here.

2 Comments:
I'm glad your first day of school was great and that you really like your school!! I'm proud of Jared for being so productive while you were at work. Can't wait to see pictures of your apartment when you get moved in!!
Glad to hear you are enjoying your school! They are lucky to have you there! I mean do they know how far you have come to enlighten them? Can't wait to hear more!
So, is it Americianized over there or do you feel like you're truly in Japan? Just curious:)
Love to love you!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home