Saturday Morning Fun!
The reason for the late-early wake-up call
The fam on the Skypes
Our street in our 'hood
Sky over Nakagusuku Bay, November 7, 2009
In the past six weeks, the Sawin Saturday morning has changed considerably. No longer do Jared and I lounge around until right before the gift shops close on base. We may sleep in until 6 am and we watch the sun rise while I feed Finn. I know-titillating excitement (oh, how I have wanted to use the word that colorful adjective!). I was able to be one of those humans who socialize Saturday morning and met my friend, Brandi, for coffee. Well, Brandi had coffee and I had some decaf fruity thing. I can see why people enjoy meeting for coffee. Finn was an angel and the sweet Starbucks girls cooed over him. He's lucky to be a fair haired and blue eyed boy in Japanland-the ladies love him.
We also were lucky enough to Skype with the fam. It was Dad's birthday night and Dale and Vicki were over. We even got to see Grandma Joan and Joe! Okinawa would feel like the middle of nowhere if we didn't have Skype.
It's a weird work week this week and Jared and I are both off tomorrow. I think we may be rebellious and sleep until 6:30!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home