Random Acts of Katie

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Random bits from Saturday and Tuesday






What a week! Whew, it's flown by yet it feels like nothing was accomplished. Sometimes I feel like a little kids dressed in work clothes and that people are under the illusion that I have a clue as to what I am doing. I haven't really felt like I knew what I've been doing but after this past week I feel a bit better.


Had a lot of work related meetings this week. We had this "Educator's Day" where all the teachers from the district came together and could attend 50 minute sessions on whatever their hearts content. Presentations varied from academic instruction to using a White Board to planning holidays to Vietnam and Burma and breast cancer awareness. I wanted to go to a breadmaking class, but it "sold out" for lack of a better term. It was quite interesting. On this day several ladies from school went to lunch at the Seaside Inn. It's a part of Kadena, just not on the same physical campus, it's across the street, on the sea (imagine that!). It was GORGEOUS!! It was a rainy day and a typhoon was somewhere out there, not near us, but we could feel the effects of the bad weather with big waves, etc. Anyways, I'm sitting with a bunch of work people and there is turquoise water to my back, huge fish swimming around and waves crashing on a sea wall adjacent to the restaurant. I just couldn't believe that this is where we have our fun work lunches. Now, please don't misinterpret this as me not appreciating Jeeves back in the 'burg, b/c goodness knows I love Jeeves, but here I was (with ginger ale on tap!), chit-chatting with my back to the East China Sea. This life sure has been an adventure thus far.

We went bowling on Monday to watch the Bears game. Jared and I are prepping so when we go bowling with the Federalle's in December we can bring our "A" game. Terry Allen, if you are reading this, Jared has a few new tricks up his sleeves!

I think I'll post separate blogs about each day b/c this is turning into one L-O-N-G post.

Tschuess!

Me

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful...hard to believe it was work-related! What a place!

October 17, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home