Random Acts of Katie

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Asian Antiques


Asian antiques are a lot like American antiques. I don't know what I was expecting. I saw some really neat things that would be a nice addition to our growing collection we've inherited from Jared's family and our IKEA pieces. We are eclectic, aka recently marrieds, and poor.
One vendor did not outwardly appear "Asian" at all, and the other had cherry blossoms painted on EVERYTHING. That was a bit garish. I got the impression these were painted on for the Americans and tourists, thinking they are bringing something Asian home.
Due to the humidity on Okinawa, there are lots of suggestions on what to set the dehumidifier on to preserve the antiques. There were slips of paper explaining this in every drawer of every cabinet I looked in. We shopped around the BX today and there were more dehumidifiers there than any other product in the store, even socks. It's incredibly humid here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very interested in exploring the Asian Antique Market!

September 4, 2008 at 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home