I'm back!
We have hade 45 minutes of uninterrupted internet connection, something that hasn't happened at all since we've arrived. I have so much to say and feel rushed to get it all down, but why am I rushed. I can't drive anywhere, I sweat too much to walk anywhere and I want to avoid the goofy AFN commercials when the TV is on.
I honestly cannot believe that I am in Japan. I never in my wildest of dreams imagined I would visit Japan, let alone move there. I feel so clumsy and out of place here. I know absolutely NOTHING about the Japanese culture. Before I went to Germany I researched my little brain out learning all that I could. I am basically giving up at noticing the nuances in the written language which I now know as Kanji. I did learn something cool today. We arrived during this festival when the Japanese people welcome back the spirits of their deceased family members and celebrate with them for three days. Yesterday they said good-bye to their relatives. It was interesting to be here during that time. Apparently there will be another festival next wknd where residents from all the villages and towns on Okinawa come into the Kadena area and participate in native games. Orion Brewery will also have a tent so Mr. Chicokinawa-san and I will be there.
I spoke a bit of the heat here and read about it before we came. Hey, I'm from the Ohio River Valley, why were all these people getting their knickers in a wad? Because it is incredibly humid. I sweat walking the 100 feet to the parking lot. I sweat for no reason, in all the wrong places. I had a moustache of sweat. Sounds extremely ladylike, doesn't it?
Since we have the tubes up and running, I may catch up on some blogs. I'll do my best to go in order. Everyone back home, have a great Saturday!
I honestly cannot believe that I am in Japan. I never in my wildest of dreams imagined I would visit Japan, let alone move there. I feel so clumsy and out of place here. I know absolutely NOTHING about the Japanese culture. Before I went to Germany I researched my little brain out learning all that I could. I am basically giving up at noticing the nuances in the written language which I now know as Kanji. I did learn something cool today. We arrived during this festival when the Japanese people welcome back the spirits of their deceased family members and celebrate with them for three days. Yesterday they said good-bye to their relatives. It was interesting to be here during that time. Apparently there will be another festival next wknd where residents from all the villages and towns on Okinawa come into the Kadena area and participate in native games. Orion Brewery will also have a tent so Mr. Chicokinawa-san and I will be there.
I spoke a bit of the heat here and read about it before we came. Hey, I'm from the Ohio River Valley, why were all these people getting their knickers in a wad? Because it is incredibly humid. I sweat walking the 100 feet to the parking lot. I sweat for no reason, in all the wrong places. I had a moustache of sweat. Sounds extremely ladylike, doesn't it?
Since we have the tubes up and running, I may catch up on some blogs. I'll do my best to go in order. Everyone back home, have a great Saturday!

1 Comments:
If I had to guess where this picture was taken, I would have guessed, "Inside the Orion Brewery tent"....but I already know this picture was one of the best, taken at Grandma Goldie's 90th birthday party!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home