Random Acts of Katie

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Had a teeny tiny taste of home yesterday!

Mr. Jared and I were not in a food preparation mood yesterday, at all. We are bad. We went to a new place (for us) on the Marine base nearby. I saw a teacher from my school there, so that was nice, kind of like being at home and seeing someone you know when you are out! There were tv's on the wall in this place, and the Louisville-Notre Dame game was playing! Sounds very silly, but seeing the Jewish Hospital logo on the announcer table board, and Papa John's advertisements in Freedom Hall, really made me happy-you forget how committed to memory local advertisements are until they are no more. They are comforting!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica (J-Fed) said...

Now, if you had only seen the "Heavy Hitter" Daryl Issacs commercial! That would have been just like being here :-) "The Heavy Hitter is the Way to go, call 529-0000!"

January 15, 2009 at 12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess...so right! That is funny! Katie, I am with you there, I am glad you got that experience!

January 16, 2009 at 1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are hanging in suspense for your next blog entry, Kate!

January 22, 2009 at 3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home