Random Acts of Katie

Thursday, September 18, 2008

This week

We are bad, bad people. We are siphoning internet off of unsuspecting neighbors. I hope I don't go to Japanese jail for this.

I *think* Sinlaku is up past main land (island?) Japan now. We had three days of intense wind and rain (although nothing like people back in Indiana experienced on Sunday) and it's now green outside. I have driven to base on my own the past four mornings and am quite proud of myself and my some-what independence. I don't know if driving on the left side will ever feel natural. Today I opened up the passenger door to get in the car before I realized the steering column is on the right side. Whoops.

Tomorrow is my first real pay day and we have big, exciting plans for that government paycheck. Those plans include buying stools for our kitchen bar so we can eat without standing. We are v. excited about that! We also saw some outdoor chairs we really love at the BX. It seems like a waste to not take full advantage of our balcony. I also hope we can get real internet. Jared wants television and has his eyes on a set at the BX. I have purchased one tv in my short 26 years, 8 months and 3 weeks, and it was a $90.00 special at Wal-Mart in 2002 and I thought it was high dollar. Well, that frame of reference was way off base!!!

I am glad all of you in Indiana are safe after the storm. It was incredibly scary to hear about it on the radio coming home from work! I hope power and phone services are reconnected soon and you all didn't lose too much.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are glad you are safe & sound too! We now have power & phone...so appreciated, as so many still do not.

September 19, 2008 at 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you could hire Jared to come and be the 'bouncer' in your meetings...would that work?

September 19, 2008 at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home