Random Acts of Katie

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Backgound checks and name changes

How difficult is it to spell Katie? Apparently, very. My orders have my name as Kattie Robbins-Sawin. You all know I am just K-A-T-I-E, hold the hyphen. I ask, v. sweetly, to have my orders amended as to reflect my correct first name and compound, non hyphenated surname. I receive this back: Kattie Robbins Sawin. I ask again, in an e-mail because I was afraid my voice would have a rise, to have Kattie amended to what matches my birth certificate. You'd think the government of all people would double check my name. Also, who would spell Kattie like that? I've seen Katy, Kati, Katey and Katee, but two T's is a bit crazy.

Also, lots of people who know me are receiving background checks to fill out on me. I guess the FBI wants to make sure I am legit. Thank you so much for filling those out!!

This moving is getting a bit more intense. My laissez-faire attitude needs to go out the door with this move. It's so weird categorizing your life into sizes, like small-medium-large amounts of pictures, small-medium-large amounts of clothing, s-m-l amts. of kitchen items. Stuff Jared and I have worked so hard for, debated for a long time in the aisles of Crate & Barrel and BB&B are just small, medium or large amounts. V. humbling.

We are off in one week. Exactly one week from now I will be sitting on a huge plane waiting to fly over the Pacific and to Tokyo, a place I've never had any real desire to visit. Craziness!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will never figure the gov. out.
Very mysterious about the spelling of your first name. Then again, maybe it was just too much coffee.

September 4, 2008 at 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home